Re: [gtk-list] Re: How to hide windows & show again later in the same position

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Pierre HANSER wrote:

> > However, gdk_window_get_position returns the position of the window
> > without the window manager border, whereas gtk_widget_set_uposition
> > sets the position of the window including the wm border.
>
> In my experience, it depends of which window manager you use...
>
> 	pierre

Seems like you could measure that from the splash window, or some sort of
preliminary window-- request a position, realize the window, and get the
position.  Measure the difference between requested and actual, and adjust
accordingly....

							- Tony