Re: [gtk-list] Re: thread safe gtk?

Andreas Kostyrka <andreas@ag.or.at> writes:

> I'm just wondering, if someone did take a look at the gpk library, that
> seems to be addressing exactly the thread safty problem of gtk.
> (http://www.humanfactor.com/gpk/)

I've looked it over, and it's the other approach I outlined when this
all started up again.  It dedicates one thread as a server thread and
that thread handles all UI requests.  All other issues aside, the
solution we're talking about here is much lighter-weight, and
eliminates the "middle man".

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>