Missing function in imlib?

It seems to me that a function doing the following functionality
is missing from imlib:

    gdk_imlib_clone_and_crop_image(img, x, y, w, h);

which creates a new image of size (w,h) and initialize it with an
image of size (w,h) cut out of img with its upper right corner at
(xcrop, ycrop).

The same functionality may today be achieved by in sequence calling

   cimg = gdk_imlib_clone_image(img);
   gdk_imlib_crop_image(cimg, x, y, w, h);

But if (w,h) is much smaller than the size of img, it is big waste
to clone the whole img just in order to immediately crop it.

Are there any plans of adding such a function? If not, perhaps I'll
have a try of my own, but I'm afraid it won't be in the near future.

Regards,
--
                                                                    ___
Dov Grobgeld                        | Email: dov@orbotech.co.il    /+  \  PCB