Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText widget and maintenance of the GTK.

Vollmer Marius <mvo@zagadka.ping.de> writes:

> Hi, I have no idea whether I'm out to lunch with this one, and have
> never actually looked at the sources, but I still have this wild idea
> about reusing the XEmacs display engine for a Gtk Text widget.  What
> do you guys think of this?  It should do all sorts of nifty things,
> like images, multi-byte chars, properties, etc *and* be quite
> efficient.
>
> Is this totally unreasonable?

Don't know about the technical issues, but, and I'm only speaking from
hearsay, you might be better off with the emacs engine if the xemacs
one is affected by the same ambiguous copyright issues that have put
the xemacs people and the FSF at odds.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>