Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK+ Menu Styles...

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Daniel Egger wrote:

> On Thu, 07 May 1998, Shevek wrote:
>
> >I would object to this, as it can make the application entirely useless.
> >Imagine people who are using mousemove to focus. The menu bar is at A, the
> >window is at B, another window is at C, between A and B. So every time the
> >user moves the mouse to get to the menu bar, the menu bar will vanish on
> >the way as window C becomes focused, and the menu bar for B vanishes.
>
>  It would be configurable and possibly turned off by default. Anyway I'm
>  thinking about writing a setup program for gtk to change the rc files
>  easily.... Adding more configurability would be a gain for this...

Turned off by default is good. But also, from my point of view, I would
like to be able to remove the menu bar from the application, but have it
remain visible when the application isn't focused. With both those options
configurable, I would be very much in support of this type of design.

--
S.
GM/CS/MU -d+ H+>++ s+: !g p2 au0 !a w+++ v-(---) C++++$ UL++++$ UB+