memory leak GtkText

Hello

While writing a program continuosly viewing the end of a relatively
fast growing log file I noticed a problem with GtkText: the program
was taking more and more memory even though the size of the text
widget was bound and lines were deleted from the beginning as new ones
were written to the end.

I tested this with a shorter program which just repeatedly puts random
lines into the text widget and then takes them away, and it seems that
the memory use of the program rises every time text is added but never
goes down when text is removed.  So I conclude that there must be a
memory problem with GtkText.

I used gtk 1.0.0 on Linux.

--
Teemu Kalvas