No Subject

Hi all.

I'm planning to give my plugin (The GIMPressionist) a major overhaul,
primarily to make it work "closer" to the Gimp itself. I just have a small
question; How can I find out which directory the Gimp (its brushes,
to be precise) is installed in? (At run-time, of course.)

I tried the approach of using gimprc, and doing a call to
  gimp_run_procedure ("gimp_gimprc_query", ..., "gimpressionist-path",...)
but of course, this implies that the user have to manually add a line to
gimprc, and the information is still redundant. Isn't it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Vidar