Re: [gtk-list] ANNOUNCE: GTK+ 1.0.1 Released

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Shawn T. Amundson wrote:

> Overview of Changes in GTK+ 1.0.1:
>
> * Significant speedups to widget creation and destruction
> * Upgrade to libtool-1.2
> * Lots of bug fixes, including one that fixed a major memory leak
>   in 1.0.0.

Is there any chance of downgrading the specfile in the release tarballs so
that they do not require a beta rpm?  Most people use the latest
that's in redhat's update directories and that's 2.4.12.  Last time I
brought this up to a developer, I was told that "a new release of rpm is
coming out in 2 days so it doesn't matter."  Well, that was almost 2 weeks
ago.

 - cls