[gtk-list] Re: Announce : new irc client

Tony Gale writes:

 > I'm certainly interested, as long as we can all agree on what it
 > should look like / do, then fine.

 I'm interested in contributing too ( As far as I can). A good
 irc client for X really lacks to linux.

 Here's my opinion on what a nice irc client should look like :
	- simple to use for new users ( intuitive appearance)
	- full gui support ( menus, nice tool-bar, ...).
	- ircii like commands
	- support ctcp, dcc and all Rfc1459 commands
	- fully configurable
	- powerful scripting language
	- never "syssegv" ( very stable)

 That's what I've begun to do with gnirc. I've got to learn
 more on programming to write my own scripting language. So
 I first thought to make an interface to Perl.

 David