Progress bar

hello all:
	I have encountered a small problem with the progress bar widget
	that perhaps someone has a simple solution to.
	I am forking a child process (using popen) and executing a
	shell command. The output of this command is to be used to
	update the progress bar widget. Unfortunatly the progress bar
	will not redraw reflecting the updated percentage until after
	the child process is finished. Any ideas are welcome.