[gtk-list] Re: Windows NT port of GTK+

   robert havoc pennington wrote:

 rhp> Well, good luck. gdk seems to let Xlib do most of the work, so Xlib is
 rhp> what you're really porting... I have to admit I don't see how this is
 rhp> going to work, since Windows and X just behave differently sometimes, and
 rhp> gdk doesn't have a cross-platform abstraction of any kind... will

ehem... what does that xlib.dll file on my windoze partition do? :)

running on wincrap doesn't necessarily mean leaving X behind. at least one
commercial application ("commercial" meaning it costs a few thousand bucks in
the shop) found it easier to port X than rewrite the thing for Not There.