C++ and signals ???

Hi!
I am writing a little C++ class that basically encapsulates gtk_drawing_area,
and I have a rather dumb question. Here is a piece of code:

Page::Page (int Xs,int Ys) {
  Xsize = Xs;
  Ysize = Ys;

  DArea = gtk_drawing_area_new();
  gtk_drawing_area_size (GTK_DRAWING_AREA(DArea),Xsize,Ysize);

  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT(DArea), "exposure_event",
		      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (PageRedrawEvent),
		      NULL);
  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT(DArea), "configure_event",
		      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (PageConfigureEvent),
		      NULL);

	... blah blah
}

It compiles all right but when I am trying to create an object with

	Page ww (300,300)

I get the message that exposure_event is not found in the GtkDrawingArea
ancestoty. What is it I am doing wrong here?

Thanks much,
		Sergei