RE: [gtk-list] Re: GTK and network socket programming

On 21-Mar-98 Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Could this be put into the FAQ?  This is a pretty important
> snippit, one
> that I had wondered about myself... :)

There's a whole section on this in the Tutorial:

15. Timeouts, IO and Idle Functions

You do have to make your sockets non-blocking and handle the
resulting complications if you don't want your interface to freeze.

--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@daedalus.dera.gov.uk>
"May your future be limited only by your dreams."

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.