Re: [gtk-list] Re: interface questions/proposals

Johannes Keukelaar wrote:

> //OpenLook.  The feature that moves the mouse by itself is REALLY
> //ANNOYING (almost as much as fvwm when opening the menu). I would
> //never use a system that moves the mouse pointer without me actually
> //moving the mouse.
>
> Ah...
>
> //Mark
> //--
> //... MouseDevice "/dev/null"
>
> But then, from that comment, it seems like you'd never use a system with a
> mouse pointer at all. :) Sorry, just couldn't resist.

You got me there ;-)

The comment from my signature is about programs not being usable without
a mouse. This is even more annoying as "warping" the mouse pointer. I
find it really funny that Unix guis (made for programmers/power users)
are really bad at supporting keyboard. Things usually start
with mouse-focus being the default choice and go down from there.

Windows 3.1 has better keyboard support than unix guis. (Motif
is reasonable if keyboard focus is chosen in the wm, others are pretty
bad).

Hopefully gtk keyboard support can be improved ASAP (I have
a few patches of my own, but they need cleaning up, I just
don't have the time right now).

Mark
--
... MouseDevice "/dev/null"