GtkEntry widget bug?

I have noticed a 'feature' of the Gtk_Entry widget.
I'm using GTK+-0.99.7

In testgtk, open the entry window, then another window with a GtkEntry
(such as notebook or file selection).  When I try to select a GtkEntry's text
with the mouse, and I move the mouse into another GtkEntry while still dragging,
the selected text changes as if i'm moving the mouse within the original
GtkEntry.

For example: keep "hello world" in the entry window and type "the dog ate the
cat" in the GtkEntry of the notebook window. Now start dragging the
mouse to cover the word "ate" starting before the "a" (so you drag left to
right). Now while still dragging the mouse, move it (the mouse) between the
letters "l" and "o" in "hello world", now "dog " will be selected.

Shouldn't only the GtkEntry in which the mouse drag was initiated be used as
input for selecting text?  Since the two GtkEntries in the entry test window (in
testgtk) are vertically alligned, the selection appears to work properly, until
the two are not aligned. For example, side by side.

 --
John Ellis <johne@bellatlantic.net>
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/5235/