Re: [gtk-list] Re: Solaris compile error

Tom Tromey <tromey@creche.cygnus.com> wrote:

> I believe The core dumps are actually coming from the `echo' program,
> as run by libtool.  The libtool maintainer recently posted a patch
> here which fixes the problem.  Get his patch, apply it, and things
> should work properly.

Or better, use my gtk-draco-980318-0.patch (see also the thread with subject
'Fix for Solaris 2.5/2.6 problems with cordumps on...' for more data on that).
The reason you should use my patch instead
of the libtool maintainer's is because libtool is used in *two* places inside
gtk+0.99.7, and it fixes
both, whereas the libtool patch gets only one (or you have to apply it twice
;-). Aside from that, it
does exactly the same as said patch.
   Bye
Deon Ramsey

Deon Ramsey (general Librarygopher) may be reached as:
Work:                       Private:
dfkidok@dfki.uni-kl.de      ramsey@rhrk.uni-kl.de

WWW:
<A HREF="http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~ramsey/">Deon Ramsey</A>

Or via Snail-Mail:          Deon Ramsey
                            Koenigstr. 11
                            67655 Kaiserslautern
                            Germany

Program (Pro'-gram) n. A magic spell cast over a computer, causing it to
turn one's input into error messages.

There are many intelligent species in the Universe.
                                             They are all owned by cats.

Be discreet, be polite, but be yourself. -- Per Aspera