Re: Examine memory (and modify if possible)

> One simple way is to type a gdb or dbx instruction on the command line.
> For example, 'x/100b 0xa0000000' should display 100 bytes starting at
> address a000000.

> David Lane                           Lexmark International
> 606-232-2141                         office 6J4/035-2

 I think this can be done by (read (!!!) the man pages before trying anything)

  fd = open("/dev/mem", O_RDWR);
  pointer = mmap(NULL, how_much_bytes, PROT_READ | PROT_WRITE, flags, fs, offset);

  // i'm not sure about setting of the flags parameter, u SHOULD read manpage for mmap

  munmap(pointer, how_much_bytes);

> On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Hideyasu Suzuki wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > How can I display a bunch of memory contents like buffer?
> >
> > I just want to dump memory contents in hex (byte, short, long whatever),
> > and modify if possible.
> >
> > I've read man page, and I've not be able to find out how to do this....
> > ---
> > Hideyasu Suzuki
> > Canon Inc.

			fuf

 BillGates [bgates@www.microsoft.com] has joined #LINUX
 mode/#linux [+b BillGates!*@*] by DoDad
 BillGates was kicked off #linux by DoDad (banned: We see enough of Bill
          Gates already.)