Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:52:55 -0600 (CST)
From: "Uwe F. Mayer" <mayer@math.Vanderbilt.Edu>
To: imain@gimp.org, gale@gimp.org
Subject: patch for gtk on DEC Unix 4.0b

Hi folks, I got your name of the GTK tutorial, and I hope your are the
ones to be contacted. I compiled gtk-0.99.5 on our DEC Alpha, where it
generates quite a few warnings. I wrote a patch that fixes those that
bugged me.

Attached are (all are gzipped)
1. the patch
2. the output of make when compiling with the patch
3. the output of make when compiling without the patch

For comparison:

fgrep "warning" LOG_patched | wc
        13        69       648
fgrep "warning" LOG_original | wc
        49       429      3281

I configured with
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -DLONG_POINTERS" ./configure --prefix=whatever

Hope you have any use for this. Please let me know if you do. Best,
Uwe
-
Uwe F. Mayer <mayer@math.vanderbilt.edu>
www.math.vanderbilt.edu/~mayer
Uwe F. Mayer <mayer@tux.org> www.tux.org/~mayer
PGP key available via finger and via the world wide web page
-

--------------End of forwarded message-------------------------

--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@daedalus.dera.gov.uk>
Make headway at work.  Continue to let things deteriorate at home.

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.

gtk+-0.99.5.alpha.patch.gz

LOG_patched.gz

LOG_original.gz