(OFFTOPIC) fonts & underlining

This is where I show my complete ignorance of Xwindows programming.

Could someone please explain to me how underlining works. Say I
wanted to put some underlined text into a GtkText widget, how do I do
it. I've got things like bold and medium fonts, but can't work out
underlining.

Thanks

Tony
--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@daedalus.dera.gov.uk>
BYTE editors are people who separate the wheat from the chaff, and

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.