Re: gtk_type_new, bug?

"Mattias.Gronlund" <Mattias.Gronlund@sa.erisoft.se> writes:

> > (You could destroy all the types just before exiting, perhaps,
> >  but the only point in that would be if you were running Purify
> >  or something. I would expect that there are whole lot of other
> >  finite memory "leaks" of that type, though.)
> >

> Sounds right, yes it was Purify who traced the leak, but the memory
> leak appear when closing the editable dialog in testgtk and not when
> exiting the application.

Thanks for going through GTK with Purify. Your finding a lot of
things that wouldn't have been found otherwise.

> OK, I learned a lot tonight, it was a bug in scrolledwindow.c that I
> ran into. I include the patch in this mail, isn't that enough for
> patches that is as small as this one?

In this case, it was OK - I just applied it. But the problem with
sending even small patches to the list is that they may be forgotten
about and never applied. So it is always safer to upload them.

Regards,
                                        Owen