Re: gtk_type_new, bug?

Mattias Gronlund <Mattias.Gronlund@sa.erisoft.se> writes:

> In gtk/gtktypeutils.c there is a funcion gtk_type_new(GtkType type) that
> allocate some memory, but I can't find any function that will free that
> memory. Shouldn't there be a gtk_type_destroy(GtkObject *object)
> function
> to complement gtk_type_new(GtkType type)?

Hmmm, I think the general attitude toward that is that once a type
is created, it is created. You can't destroy a type because some
of the information is stored statically in the widget implementations.

(You could destroy all the types just before exiting, perhaps,
 but the only point in that would be if you were running Purify
 or something. I would expect that there are whole lot of other
 finite memory "leaks" of that type, though.)

Regards,
                                        Owen