Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkProgressBar && RE: updating a progress bar

> 2. This 'mysql_query()' is part of something else to which you hand
> off a request, and then it comes back some time later with a result.
>
> If it's 1, the the previous answer is what you are looking for.
>
> If it's 2, then how do you know how this function is progressing, and
> hence, with what value to set the progress bar?

mysql_query() is not written by me. It is a part of the library that
supports MySQL engine. As far as I understand, I can not get any information
on how the query is progressing. The way it works is that you give it an SQL
query, it connects to a mysql daemon running either on a local machine or
on a remote host. The daemon processes this query and gives the result (data
stream) back. That's why I asked the question because it seemed I could not
use progress bar to show the query.

	Sergei