Re: wrong libtool included in gtk+ 0.99.4 with aix 4.1.5

Philippe.Defert@cern.ch writes:

> Using standard distribution of gtk+ 0.99.4, I get the error below on
> AIX 4.1.5 (powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.5.0) when building of the glib library.
>
> If I replace it with standard libtool from FSF (1.0 from
> prep.ai.mit.edu) in the original directory and in the glib
> subdirectory, I get no more errors.

version 1.0 is pretty old, and has quite a few problems that have been
since fixed. If you have a chance, could you try getting 1.0i from
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu and see if that also fixes the problem?

We've stayed with 1.0f, since it has some features for Linux that
have been removed in later versions, but it seems like the problems
you have been having are probably due to those features.

Regards,
                                        Owen