Re: [gtk-list] Yes it's broke.

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Leeman Strout wrote:

> Okey, rewrote Tim's program so I could debug it and understand what was
> goin on...
>
> -------------------
>
> #include <gtk/gtk.h>
>
> static void
> print_toggle_button_state (GtkWidget *toggle_button,
>                            gpointer  user_data)
> {
> //  g_return_if_fail (GTK_IS_TOGGLE_BUTTON (toggle_button));
>
>   printf ("togglebutton: active=%d\n", GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON (toggle_button)->active);
> }
>

> int main (int argc, char *argv[])
> {
>   GtkWidget *window;
>   GtkWidget *button;
>
>   gtk_init (&argc, &argv);
>
>   window = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
>
>   button = gtk_toggle_button_new_with_label ("click me");
>   gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (button), "clicked",
>                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (print_toggle_button_state), NULL);
>
>   gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), button);
>
>   gtk_widget_show (button);
>   gtk_widget_show (window);
>
>   gtk_main ();
>
>   return 0;
> }
>

> -----------
>

> Notice the sanity check on the button is commented out, when I leave it in
> I get the same segv as in your program.  And when I comment it out both
> your program and mine give:
>

> [leeman@method test]$ ./test
> togglebutton: active=1
> togglebutton: active=1
> togglebutton: active=1
> togglebutton: active=1
> togglebutton: active=1
>
> ** ERROR **: sigint caught
> [leeman@method test]$
>

> And there it is... Soooo, the question is, which of the many differences
> between our machines is the culprit for the segv and for the active
> problem?

i would bet that the include files your compiler uses do not reflect the
structure schemes used in your library binaries, please try to remove
any libgtk.so* and libgtk.a from your system as well as corresponding header
files, then do a complete rebuild and install and checkout both example
programs again.

> Leeman
> alaric@ct2.nai.net

---