Re: [gtk-list] Buttons...

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Tim Janik wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Leeman Strout wrote:
>

> > What's the easiest way to check the state of a button?  Rather than right
> > callback code to set a simple variable, I would like to use a check on the
> > state of the button itself.
>
> what do you mean by "state"?
>
> 3)
> if you want to know what state a check/radio/toggle button is in, you would
> want to react on
>
> if (GTK_TOGGLE_BUTTON (my_radio_check_or_toggle_button)->active);

Ok, What I mean is that I want to know whether a toggle button is
currently depressed or not.  I have been attempting to use your option #3.
In testing however, (under 0.99.4) testing for active comes back as being
positive whether or not the button is depressed.

Is this a bug?  Am I expecting the wrong behaviour from this macro?

Leeman
alaric@ct2.nai.net