Re: [gtk-list] Panes behavior (a bug?)

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, Andy Tai wrote:

> The Panes behavior in gtk may be a bit odd.   Try testgtk, start the Panes
> window, expand the window, drag one of the handles toward the right or bottom
> then make the window small so the handle is now hidden.  I don't know if this
> behavior is right or not, but it seems reasonable to have the handle always in
> the visible area of the window.  This may be a bug, or is this the intended
> behavior?

This reminds me of something else: is there any particular reason the pane
can't be resized by clicking anywhere on the separator bar? I realize the
"handle" is a useful focus, but the rest of the separator is essentially
wasted space, and it is physically easier to hit a long bar then a small
square with the mouse.