2-3 Questions about compound list widget

Hi All.

OK, the compound list is a wonderful widget.

Only, I have not been able to find out how the following things can be done:

1.
 I want to ask what the lowest visible row in the clist is eg. the topline
 that it not scrolled away.

 I see I can ask whether a given row is visible or not and consequently
 could use a binary search to find it out, but I hope there's a function
 for it.
 (I have been looking at gtkclist.h but didn't find it there. Does this
  mean there's no such thing ?
  This is also an important question: Is gtk<widgetname>.h the ultimate
  ressource to find out what functions are available ?
 )

2.
 Then I want to find out the number of rows that are actually in the clist.
 I have been able to read out all available rows until gtk_clist_get_text
  returns false or the pointer that the text resides in becomes NULL.
 So once again a binary search would be possible or I have to keep track
 of the number of rows myself. But perhaps there's a function for it.

Thanks to Tim Janik for pointing out gtk_get_current_event.
That was the needed function.

Ciao Christoph   (grover@hottemax.uni-muenster.de)
  finger grover@hottemax.uni-muenster.de for PGP public key
  http://hottemax.uni-muenster.de/~grover/index.html