Re: [gtk-list] gtk_bin and Frame problem

Didimo E. Grimaldo T. wrote:
>    When I try to add the 2nd and 3rd LblEntry to the same frame they don't
>    get mapped, in fact I get a run time error:
>     ** WARNING **: file gtkbin.c: line 203 (gtk_bin_add): "bin->child == NULL"
>     ** WARNING **: file gtkbin.c: line 203 (gtk_bin_add): "bin->child == NULL"
>    so one for the 2nd and one for the 3rd. If I have one only it works fine.
>    Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? I added checking on 'NULL' for
>    the frame, hBox, Lbl and Entry and none of them are NULL. Hope to hear
>    some feedback.

 This is something that confused me at first too. This is not complaining
that the widgets are NULL, but it's actually an assertion, that fails. This
sort of error should be changed to something like:

** WARNING **: file gtkbin.c: line 203 (gtk_bin_add): Assertion that
"bin->child == NULL" has failed.

 This often comes up when you try and pack an already packed widget, into
another widget. I can't tell the problem from the code snippet. Have any of
the widgets that are being packed, already packed ?

John