Re: [gtk-list] password in text entry widget

Elliot Lee wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, matt wrote:
>
> > i want to put a password in a text entry widget.  as i type it i want
> > ****'s to show up instead of the password.
> >
> > maybe i should see if i can't make a widget called gtk_password that,
> > like the combo box, has an embedded text entry?
>
> I'm pretty sure that gtk_entry_set_visibility(), or a custom variant
> thereof, would do the trick...?

I'm thinking i want something "more guder" than that.  I want something
the user can understand
nothing showing up isn't what the user expects.

if there is a way to so this with visablity, then let me know.
otherwise i am going to see if i can't hack up the entry to
do this for me. maybe make it so the programer can do something like:
gtk_entry_make_passwd(GTK_ENTRY(entry));

then everythin to the programer is the same as using an entry.  sound
like a good idea?

--matt wimer