Re: [gtk-list] ANNOUNCE: Gtk+ apps repository is up!

"Sergei O. Naoumov" <serge@physics.unc.edu> writes:
> I have to apologize for keeping you all waiting for so long with the
> promised Gtk+ application repository. We had a HUGE upgrade of all our
> systems to AFS, so, I was completely tied up. :-(

No big deal - I didin't expect you to be as fast as you were to be
honest. ;-)

> To make a long story short, I just made up a few pages on:
> 			http://sunsite.unc.edu/gtk/
> which interface with MySQL database. Adding and browsing is working, and
> I'll try to write a search over the weekend (if my wife does not throw
> other things -- like repairing a stereo -- at me). :-))

*GRIN*

> Anyway, I guess, at this point the interface is pretty usable and I'd like
> your input. And, of course, the applications info!

Alright, I added the xlogmaster. First I'd like to thank you - it
looks VERY good so far and I really appreciate someone taking the time
and work to set it up.

There are a few things we should think about adding for increasing the
"useability" of it, though...
- - I am missing a "change entry" button - otherwise each program will
just crowd the repository with a huge number of entries over
time. This will probably require a password to be given at
change-time because some jokers will start entering stupid stuff
otherwise (someone is always childish enough, it seems).

- - After adding an  entry it would be nice to have a button like "view
database" or so that brings you automatically to the whole database on
the position of the program you just entered... but this is just my
lazyness speaking, of course. :-)

Anything else ? Well if I can think about something I will let you
know. I very much appreciate what you've done so far, thanks again.

Later,
	Georg

- --
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@fusebox.hanse.de>
http://porter.desy.de/~greve/ - ICQ#10016966
"People who fight may lose. People who do not
fight have already lost." -- Bertolt Brecht