Xwindow as GTK Widget

I'm trying to use GTK to wrap our project's real-time asteroid
detection code.  One problem I can't solve though...

Our incoming pixel data is displayed on an X window using an
astronomical graphics subroutine library I don't want to mess
with.  I would like the X window to be responsive to GTK events
(in particular mouse clicks).  I have the Xdisplay and Xwindow
ID's for the X window but can't see how to turn this into a usable
GTK widget.  How can one do this?

I've examined gdkx.h and I'm still in the dark.  Help?

Regards,

Jeff

Dr. Jeffrey Larsen                              jlarsen@lpl.arizona.edu
Spacewatch Project                              Telephone: (520) 621-3384
Lunar and Planetary Laboratory                  FAX:  (520) 621-1940
University of Arizona
Tucson, Arizona 85721

"Whether they ever find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be
considered an enemy planet."
				-- Jack Handey (Saturday Night Live)