Re: [gtk-list] Perl/Gtk: user_data field in Gtk::MenuFactory ?

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Christoph Hartmann wrote:

> hi,
>

> i have a small problem with Gtk::MenuFactory.
> i apply the user_data field in the hash
> for Gtk::MenuFactory->add_entries(), but
> i did not get the stored information in the
> callback-function (as second parameter).

True. I need to put some thought into redesigning the MenuFactory stuff --
I'm not terribly fond of the current code, and since MenuFactory is
already a C simplification, it's not clear that using it from Perl is the
best approach.

Currently the translation from a Perl HV to a GtkMenuEntry is a bit too
literal, and should be improved.

> any ideas, how i could realize a single callback-
> function for all menu-items without the user_data
> field ?

Something tedious with dynamically created subs or closures, I'm afraid.