Re: [gtk-list] Re: A simpler guile-gtk interface

lutterdc@cs.purdue.edu said:
>  Is there any chance to generate the simple-gtk module from something
> similar to Marius' gtk.defs ?

Potentially.  Writing these things by hand hasn't been enough of a pain that
I've given much thought to generating them.  There are also a number of cases
that require special handling.  So, there is going to need to be some
hand-written code.

>  As I understand, simple-gtk is a bunch of macros that turn alists
> into calls of gtk-*

Right.  There are also now matching functions with essentially the same
interface, except that more quoting is required when using them.  I haven't
settled on a naming convention yet.  Right now, when the macro is "gtk-foo",
the function is "gtk-foo-f".  Marius has suggested "gtk-foo*" which seems
fairly reasonable.  If anyone has any better ideas, let me know.

				Jeff