Re: gtk_widget_reset_rc_styles

"Juergen A. Erhard" <jae@laden.ilk.de> writes:

> This might be just me being extremely stupid (as often happens ;-)
>
> Anyone know who added a proto for `gtk_widget_reset_rc_styles' to
> gtkwidget.h (in 1.0.2)?
>
> And who apparently forgot to add code for it in gtkwidget.c...

It was a leak when merging bug fixes from the 1.1 development
branch. In the 1.1 dev branch:

 - gtk_widget_reset_rc_styles() exists

 - gtkrc.c has functions to reload all RC files

 - A _GTK_READ_RCFILES client message causes GTK to reset the
   RC styles and reload the rcfiles.

 - Widgets generally respond correctly to GtkWidget::style_set,
   so the display changes properly.

> WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!
>
> I mean, that'd be one way to sneak in a function despite the feature
> freeze... "No, the function is not *really* there..."

A function that isn't there isn't much of a feature...

Regards,
                                        Owen