[gtk-list] GtkClist speed problem

Hello.

I have a problem using GtkCList in a program that may need
very long lists (I can imagine 10000 or higher). The only way
I have found to select and unselect rows is by calling the
gtk_clist_(un)select_row routines ; when I have to select
a high number of rows, the program slows down very much. I do
not forget to call gtk_clist_freeze before starting selections.
For example, on my DX4-100, selecting 6000 rows on a 7000 items
list takes about 5 minutes.

So, I took a look in the code (I use version 1.0.3). I tried
to modify directly the selection list before calling
gtk_clist_thaw, but that gave no effect :-(. Does it exist
something to set by a few calls (or even one :-) all the
elements of the list that must be selected ? I think about
something like : gtk_clist_select_rows(GtkCList *cl, GList *sel),
sel a GList of rows numbers for example.

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas KOWALSKI. Computer Science student.
IFSIC. Universite de Rennes I. France