Re: Stupid Error

Bil Wendling <wendling@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu> writes:

> }Add the the path to the gtk libs to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.
> }
> }This should really be in the install instructions and the FAQ.
> }
> }In fact, I sent a sample entry to the FAQ maintainers, but got no
> }responce.
> }
> That took care of the "can't load" message, but now I get a seg fault
> right away.

How did you compile the example program? You'll need to use gtk-config
(see the current version of the tutorial), or you'll mix old libraries
with new headers.

If that doesn't help, information like:

 - Your system (OS, libc, etc)
 - Any warning messages printed
 - A backtrace of where the error occured.

[ $gdb helloworld
  (gdb) r
  (gdb) bt ]

Would be helpful in figuring out what the error is.

Regards,
                                        Owen