GTK development question

I was playing with gtk 0.99.12 for a while, and then upgraded to 1.0.4.

 I noticed that a few of my programs failed to compile - notably anything
written using the old version of the status bar function calls.

 Motif, and AmigaDOS used a nice feature, taglists, to get away from these
problems. The idea was, that if you wanted to create or change a widget,
you pass it a variable number of args, like so:

 widget_change(widget,
               keyword, value,
               keyword, value,
               NULL);

 widget_create(widget, type, parent,
               keyword, value,
               keyword, value,
               NULL);

 Are there any plans to allow GTK to make use of this oh-so-useful feature
? It's very very nice, where painless & efficent coding and backward
compatibility is considered a bonus. I'm still getting used to the idea of
a separate function call for each feature of a widget (and don't like it
that much).

Kate

--
 "I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star.
    We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light."

John "Kate" Looney, Horizon Open Systems. Sun Microsystems distributor and
Support centre. Hotline: [+353 1 8055700] Web http://www.hos.horizon.ie/