Re: [gtk-list] gtk 1.0/1.1

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What are the differences between GTK 1.1 (gnome cvs stuff) and GTK 1.0?
> Funny thing is, that the gtk.m4 stuff for autoconf doesn't recognize the
> gtk-config in /usr/bin of gtk 1.1.
>
> Andreas

Note that GTK 1.1.x doesn't exist yet.  What is in CVS should be
considered in-progress to the next release, not the release itself.  Many
more things are going to get changed before 1.1.0 gets packaged.

The major difference is GTK 1.1.x is a development series and thus things
are going to be changing to be enhanced. (If you want the list of that
stuff look in the TODO file or ChangeLog ;-)

What I mean by development series is that applications which work with
the beginning of the series may have to be modified and recompiled to work
with that series later.  So if you can, use the stable 1.0.x series.

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking