Signal question

For this little du replacement w/ GUI I'm writing I would like to run an
action once as soon as the main window of the application is set up after
gtk_main has taken over control, but before gtk starts processing any input
events. What would be the best signal to connect to to do this ?

David

---
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him walk on it. - Gary Larson
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.    - Dorothy Parker