Re: [gtk-list] Re: XmUpdateDisplay equivalent?

In a previous message, robert havoc pennington says:
> would this work?
>
> while ( gtk_events_pending() ) {
>   gtk_main_iteration();
> }

It seems like it should, but didn't.  I only got the shell window
displayed.  The contents of the window were not drawn.  I ended up changing
the logic of my program so that the dialog that I wanted to open would
cause the long winded callback to start when a button was pressed.  Before
I was popping up the window (which was generally information only) and
starting the long callback right after.  The new logic makes better sense
anyway - and actually works better from an end user standpoint.

--
Michael J. Hammel           | I want to be a peripheral visionary.  I want to
The Graphics Muse           | see into the future, but only to the sides.