Re: [gtk-list] Re: How to run GTK without MIT-SHM

//robert havoc pennington wrote:
//>
//> On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Hannu Krosing wrote:
//> >
//> > How can I run a gtk program on a server without MIT-SHM extension?
//> >
//>
//> Gtk programs have a --no-xshm option that should work.
//
//Thanks!
//
//But, now I get on any example that came with gtk:
//
//  [hannu@sid buttons]$ [hannu@sid entry]$ ./entry --no-xshm
//
//  ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
//
//Instead of previous:
//
//  [hannu@sid buttons]$ [hannu@sid entry]$ ./entry
//
//  ** WARNING **: MIT-SHM Extension not availible on server
//
//  ** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
//
//so it seems that drawing a simple widget _requires_ MIT-SHM extension ??

Perhaps you are jumping to conclusions. 'sigsegv caught' does not mean 'Gee, I
need MIT-SHM, but can't get it'. Perhaps if you could give a gdb backtrace of
the crash? (Run program in gdb. When it crashes, type 'bt'. Send the output to
the mailinglist.)

//Hannu

Regards,

Johannes.
--
"Halls of justice painted green; Money talking" - Metallica

Self-professed nerd of Mathematics and Computer Science.