Themes & Configurability (->Spacings)

I think we should think about just *what* should be configurable, and
think about a framework for doing this.

This really ties in with my recent posting on Spacings, as the spacing
in a complex dialog might very well be connected to a theme... in
other words, my `Heavy Metal Industrial' theme might like other
default spacings in its menus etc. than John-Bob's girlfriend's
`Sailor Moon' theme...

I think themes should provide (or have means of providing) defaults
for any and all user-configurable stuff in GTK (even the things that
are not configurable right now), whether this makes sense or not (if
the author of a theme thinks it doesn't make sense to provide a
default for, say, `timing for triple-click of LMB followed by double
click of RMB', then he just ignores that).

This would mean all these defaults should be accessible in a symbolic
way... defining/accessing spacings in a `named spacing' way as lined
out in my mail on the subject would certainly make this simple.

Any other things important in this regard?

Anyway, time for bed...

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard  eMail: jae@laden.ilk.de  phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326