Re: [gtk-list] RE: Man pages, call for help

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> > Like the Tutorial and the FAQ, we need help writing man pages
> > for GTK+ widgets.
>
> I'd prefer if we used DocBook for all documentation now, just like
> Gnome (and the LinuxDoc project). Then we can generate HTML or info
> files as desired. I think man pages are too awkward and limited.
>
> Eventually I'd like the GTK & Gnome documentation available in my
> Glade UI builder, and so HTML would be easier to work with.
>
> Here's a few links:
>      http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/mydocs/docbook-intro.html
>      ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/home/rosalia/docware/
>
> Damon

I've no problem using DocBook for the the overall manuals, etc., but
it doesn't meet the need of man pages.

I think it will be trivial to convert from pod to docbook to add the
man page information to the reference section of any guide we do, which
is why I chose pod.  (Well, not specifically with docbook in mind...)

--
Shawn T. Amundson
amundson@gimp.org               http://www.gimp.org/~amundson

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking