Re: ANNOUNCE: GTK+ 1.1.0 Released

"Shawn T. Amundson" <amundson@gimp.org> writes:

> GTK+ 1.1.0 is now on the ftp site:
>
> ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.1/
>
> This is development series 1.1 of GTK+.  These releases may contain
> major changes with each new release.  The stable series of GTK+ is
> 1.0.x, which the new release is curently GTK+ 1.0.5.

Let me just reiterate the above point about the 1.1 series a bit more:

 - This is currently experimental code.
 - There are bugs in it.
 - There will be more changes
 - Stable releases of applications should NOT use this code.
 - Bug reports are appreciated, but bug fixes for this release may
   not be our highest priority.
 - If you update your code to work with this release, it will
   probably help you convert to GTK+-1.2. However, if you
   don't want to chase a moving target, you might want to
   wait for another month, when the feature set for GTK+-1.2
   will be stabilized.

So, caveat emptor. This is a "preview" release.

Regards,
                                        Owen