Re: [gtk-list] Re: problem with gtk-config

Aaron Walker wrote:

> Jeremy Wise wrote:
>
> > Aaron,
> >
> > Try using backticks instead of single quotes.
> >
> > E.g.
> >
> > `gtk-config --libs` `gtk-config --cflags`
> > instead of
> > 'gtk-config --libs' 'gtk-config --cflags'
>
> I don't see a difference between the two...

Look more closely. Reading this with Netscape (you are using Netscape
are you not?) they look *very* similar (stupid font!), but look closely
at the way the "tails" go and you will see a difference.

Plus forward quote vs. backward quote makes a *big* difference to the
shell, and you *definitely* want the latter here...

> thanks,
> Aaron

Regards
M.Beach