editor widget

gtk-mailund-980720-0:
=====================

Changed hilite_interval to use a new gtk_text_set_property function
instead of constantly deleting/inserting text.

The gtktext.patch is equal to gtk-mailund-980720-0.patch.

---------------------

GtkEditor v0.02
Thomas Mailund <mailund@daimi.aau.dk>

A source editor widget for GTK.

This is a subclass of the text widget for source code editing.

In time this should evolve into a nice editor widget with syntax
highlighting, parenthesis match, indenter etc. I belive such a widget
could be useful in tools such as interface builders, High-level Petri
net tools, source browsers etc.

It is far from complete, but at least it's good enough for editing
it's own test program (test.c). Though most of the test program was
written using emacs. It does tends to get confused with the
highlighting sometimes in test.c :( I'll get that fixed ASAP.

Currently only syntax highlighting is implemented...and it only works
with GNUs regex library. If you are on a Linux box, that is probably
what you got. (Look for re_compile_pattern etc. in your
regex.h). Otherwise you can get the library at ftp.gnu.org or some
mirror. That's what I did. (look for something like
regex-0.12.tar.gz).

If you have the right regex, you should set the flag GNU_REGEXP_LIB,
(see the makefile).

It needs a few changes to the text widget. Mostly to be able to do the
highlighting. I could do that without the changes I think, but I have
also other plans for this...

Comments, suggestions and bug fixes are welcome...complaints are not.

Regards.
         /mailund