Changing the content of a text

I'm quit a newbie to Gtk and I have a huge problem :

I want to have a textfiled where I can display the content of different
files.
In the turorial, there is an example on how to display a file in a
textfield.
But I wanted to add 3 buttons, one for each file I wanted to display.
I connected each button to a function which should have cleared and
displayed the textfield.
I passed &text as argument to this callback.
The header of this callback is
void xxx (GtkWidget *widget,...event,GtkWidget **text)
and in this case text should be handled correctly but that does not
work.
Has someone an example for me ?
(btw the pointers does not seem to correspond at all...)
Bye

--
ICQ: 12843985