Re: How to install animation

> A further questiuon is the time behaviour of that method.  Presumed there
> is no other work fot gtk_main().  How often (fast) is the timout called
> compared with a function called from gtk which displays the images in a
> for/while statement?

The timeout is in milliseconds (your function is called <interval> milliseconds
from
the call to gtk_timeout_add).  I would stay away from for/while loops because
it would
be hardware dependent (animation would run too fast on some machines and slow
on
others).  Instead just use a millisecond timeout and it should show the
animation at
the same speed/frames per second on other computers.  Another thing is that a
for/while loop might not allow gtk to update windows, or let the user click on
anything
until the loop is done.

- Tim