Re: text widget read-only ctrl+c bug?

"Oskar Liljeblad" <osk@hem.passagen.se> writes:

> Don't know if this is a bug or what; when the text widget is in read-only
> mode, Ctrl+C doesn't seem to copy anything to the clipboard. According
> xclipboard the selection count/history is increased, but the same
> text (not the selected area) remains in the clipboard.

Hmmm, you are right there is a bug there; the reason for the
bug is that keypresses aren't being handled in the normal
fashion when the Text widget isn't editable. (I don't however
see xclipboard exhibiting the reported behavior, and don't
understand why that would happen.)

This problem will be fixed as a result of changes necessary
to get the new binding system for 1.2 working; I am not
currently planning to work on fixing it for 1.0, since it
seems fairly minor.

Thanks for the report,
                                        Owen