Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk_Text customization?

 E> This is *great*! Have you checked to see if this could be
 E> implemented in the current text widget, instead of making an
 E> entirely separate widget? I know several other advancements have
 E> been made in the text widget department for gtk 1.1, and if syntax
 E> highlighting as described below could be included that would be a
 E> major plus...

There would be no problems with adding syntax highlighting to the text
widget, since that is basically what I have done. It is not a
_separate_ widget, but a _subclass_ of the text widget.

But I don't think this should be a part of the text widget, since
syntax highlighting won't be useful in most application. Applications
which will use the text widget, and not the source editor widget.

I have made a few changes to the text widget to be able to do the
things I do, but otherwise tried to separate the widgets. Advancements
to the text widget will be inherented in the editor widget, since it
has gtktext as it's parent class and overwrite very few of the virtual
functions.

/mailund

--
| Thomas Mailund                  |            Office B2.18 at DAIMI |
| Ny Munkegade 62 3. tv.          |      Email: mailund@daimi.aau.dk |